Thursday 21 July 2011

The First Post

Hello everyone!

Heck, I don't know what to do here AT ALL. I hate the first post thing, there should be some kind of 'first post syndrome' research done here. If you like, you can give me some questions and I'll try to answer them, but for now I'm going to go over a few things, see what we can find out about each other, yepp?

What is your name?
Well, my name's Rain... That's a silly question, who made th-? Oh... Me, right. Sorry.

What is this blog about?
Writing, mostly, writing and books! I'm not the best writer, I admit, but I have been writing since I was little and always intent to get better. I love Fantasy and Supernatural books. I'm also quite into manga, comics and ye fabled graphic novel, but I'm not a that good (or that disciplined) an artist.

Are you writing something now?
Yepp. I'm writing a YA book, the first in a series, I hope. It's going to be an urban fantasy collection, with a tagline something along the lines of, 'Corah was murdered. Then, she woke up.' 

Don't worry, it's not SO MUCH about the vampires.


What's the most random thing someone has linked you on Youtube lately?
Uh, my friend linked me some kind of Spiderman musical... I was confused, scared... and also, it was kinda' catchy. 8D

What are some of your favourite books, so we can get a feel for your writing?
Oh, okay, I love this! A song of Ice and Fire, by George R. R. Martin, I love them! The first proper novel I read was Northern Lights by Philip Pullman. Outside of my usual genre, my favourite novel is The Book Thief by Markuz Zuzak. I also enjoy Battle Royale and The Hunger Games, Collins did a good job of a new take on that series. Neil Gaiman, by the way? Love him.

Politically, morally, what type of person are you?
I'd say I was pretty left wing, though I might man that in a Brian from Family Guy kinda' way, y'know, pretending to be cultured? There's not many things I take a side on, because I believe everything depends on circumstance. Even if there are things I do take sides on, such as abortion, I would never push my views on someone else. 

As for religion, well, I believe in higher beings, spirits, dieties perhaps. One of these may be the Christian God, the Islamic God, Buddha, Thor, Zeus, Hecate, Santa Claus, my cat Loki... Who knows? I don't go in for the Bible or most teachings of man. 

...Well, that got a bit deep. Let's end it there, yepp? I'll get back to you with more information soon, I promise! 

-Salute-

No comments:

Post a Comment